[SoC2011 Status Report] pkg convert - Week 4

Lassi joffrey.lassignardie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:20:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

My project is to create tools to easily convert rpm/deb packages to
the future FreeBSD package format.

This week, I've spent my time studying the rpm package format. As I'll
need to operate on such package, the first think to do is to write a
small library to read the content of such packages. For the moment,
I've routines to read the different section of an rpm file and to
retrieve information about the files packaged within. In other words,
I can walk through a package metadata.

The next week, I'll write routine to extract files contained in a rpm
package and begin to write the code needed to convert the package in a
pkgng compliant package.

--
Joffrey ``Lassi'' Lassignardie