XenServer 6.5(SP1) - HVM 're0: watchdog timeout' errors...

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Wed Sep 9 09:34:01 UTC 2015

--On 09 September 2015 11:04 +0200 Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau at citrix.com>
wrote:

> I'm working on importing a new netfront from Linux, which hopefully
> should solve the problems we are having with the PV nic.

That'll be great - I did test a CentOS box domU a while ago, and that
didn't have the problem with routing traffic, I wasn't able to test things
like OpenVPN/DCHP on it - but the current netfront issues are annoying
[there's at least 2 FreeBSD PR's I know of this would also address].

> In the meantime, I have the following crappy patch to FreeBSD if_re
> driver, which should disable the watchdog (I have not even compile
> tested this).

Thanks - I'll give that a go...  I also discovered that the 'virtio'
virtual NIC's - *do* migrate OK, I'm just setting up a test platform using
those to see if they have the same netfront issues as PV xn interfaces
(i.e. can't route / openvpn fails).

I'll post back with the results of that + the patch when I have them,

Thanks,

-Kp