[FreeBSD 9.1 and XenServer 5.6.0]

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 08:37:12 UTC 2013

--On 26 August 2013 12:21 -0300 Ederson de Moura <ederbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Karl: Is no media in the driver, the iso image was also removed! still the
> problem persists.
>
> Sergey: The problem remains, did the change in "/etc/ttys" as described
> here:
>
> http://wiki.sysconfig.org.uk/display/howto/Xen+FreeBSD+8.2+DomU+%28PV%29+
> --+Step+by+Step+Howto
>
> But when I reboot, the system hangs at the same stage.

It still sounds like it might be the same problem - even just having the
CDROM drive "available" (with no media mounted) for the VM caused it to
hang, in the end I had to log into the XenServer console and use 'xe
vbd-destroy uuid= UUID of the CDROM for my VM' to actually remove the CDROM
from the VM.

On my system if the kernel came up and showed a CDROM even being detected
(regardless of if it had media in it or not) - it didn't boot. The only way
to boot it was to remove the CDROM from the VM completely (so it doesn't
show as detected by the kernel).

-Karl