setxkbmap alterations

Chris portmaster at bsdforge.com
Tue May 18 16:00:43 UTC 2021

On 2021-05-17 05:13, King of the Gods wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD project,
>
> We are very happy for using FreeBSD since the 90s, and we are silent
> but very warm supporters of the project.
> The reason for breaking our "silence" is that some alterations may not
> apply only to our distributions, but may also be available to the public,
> considering Open Source as beneficial to humanity.
>
> Specifically, we are targeting on `setxkbmap' part of x11 system.
> The main reason for altering the port does not arise from any errors
> we have found to the current version, but from linguistic issues
> that have made software worldwide following a wrong path.
>
> We are having in mind some very important alterations that will help the
> globe
> having significant features that now are missing.
>
> PLEASE, help us out, on how we can participate on altering the port, so
> our improvements are available for the public.
You can start by reading the porters handbook:
https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook/
which provides concise details for getting involved with FreeBSD ports.
When you're prepared to submit some changes. You can open a pr(1) at:
https://bugs.freebsd.org/
Where committers can evaluate your proposed changes and commit them
when they're found to be fit for submission.

HTH

--Chris