Status of i5-3xxx graphics support

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Nov 9 17:00:00 UTC 2020

Hello.

Since, as I previously wrote, my Radeon cards are not working well with
drm-kmod + radeonkms and I cannot seem to fix this, I'm evaluating what
to do.

I have another system with an i5-3470 (Ivy Bridge/HD Graphics 2500,
isn't it?) that I could swap with the one I'm writing from.
How is the status of its support?

Is it supported by drm-kmod and the latest version of the graphic stack?
Are there any known issues/limitation?
Will it be supported for some time or is it already considered legacy?

I have a Sandy Bridge Pentium laptop and it has always suffered from
(not so) occasional screen tearing. Is this a known problem that would
affect the i5 too?

Will it support dual monitor?

Out of curiosity, MB specs say:
- 1 x HDMI® port with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @60Hz
- 1 x DVI-D port with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @60Hz
- 1 x VGA port with max. resolution up to 2048x1536 @75Hz

I thought max resolution depended on the CPU, not the MB. Am I wrong?

  bye & Thanks
	av.

P.S.
Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I find it very hard to summarize
all the (often contraddictory info) on FreeBSD+X11.