xf86-video-ati-legacy port status

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Fri May 29 08:42:35 UTC 2020

On 2020-05-27 19:29, Igor Pokrovsky wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Are there plans to fix port/xf86-video-ati-legacy? I have tried the
> patch from commit messages on both amd64 and i386 and it fails.

Hi!
Unfortunately it is very hard to fix it.  There has been several changes
in how xorg-server interacts with the xf86 drivers, and the version
xf86-video-ati-legacy was based on was very old and not compatible with
xserver 1.20.
If anyone can make xf86-video-ati-legacy work with xserver 1.20 we can
get the patches in, but I don't have the time to work on
xf86-video-ati-legacy myself.
Regards
--
Niclas Zeising