sway-1.2_1 crashes

John Kennedy warlock at phouka.net
Thu Oct 10 18:28:23 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 07:54:28PM +0200, Jan Beich wrote:
> John Kennedy <warlock at phouka.net> writes:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 04:23:40PM -0700, John Kennedy wrote:
> >
> >>   In any case, this AM, I crunched up the latest 12.1b3 (r353280), upgraded to
> >> this mornings ports (since I saw wlroots bump up), made sure about the DRM
> >> driver and have been doing a stress test of sorts.  In this case, a poudriere
> >> run of my ~520 ports and getting my load average up to 12+.  Up 2.41 hours
> >> so far.  Previous record was more in tens of minutes as I was doing stuff.
> >
> >   It made it ~24 hours before I screwed it up (alt-shift-F# console switching).
> > Looks more like the keyboard was disabled (tested via caps-lock-light test) vs
> > any kind of video problem. Have to try your trick next time.
>
> VT switching is broken in Sway, see https://github.com/swaywm/sway/issues/3612
> Other than direct session Sway can use ConsoleKit2 if wlroots is built with
> CONSOLEKIT port option enabled. But I don't remember if it helps VT swich issue.
> Or did you mean X11? If so try xf86-video-intel + bug 236003 patch + SNA enabled.
> Maybe Intel didn't push workarounds for old iGPUs from DDX into kernel.

  Well, that's good to know.  I was trying to get swaylock to work, it didn't
like my password, so I was going to switch consoles and wack it, but it got my
keyboard first.  I haven't had an issue on this computer under X11, but I don't
guarantee you I was using drm-next as the driver.

  I fixed it so I can SSH in next time it happens.

> i965 unlike iris doesn't use LLVM, so recent LLVM_DEFAULT update should
> have no impact on Intel iGPUs. Unless CC/CXX is set by user llvm90 is
> mainly used for libraries, not compiler.

  It was in ports.  The mesa stuff gives me a llvm80 dependency, and something
along the path to firefox gives me a llvm90.  Building things via poudriere so
it should be sane and match the regular building processes.

  I've had a good couple of days without starting firefox.  I know GTK3 has some
wayland compile options, but firefox seems to depend on both GTK2 (which doesn't)
and GTK3 as far as pkg is concerned.