sway-1.2_1 crashes

John Kennedy warlock at phouka.net
Tue Oct 8 17:21:31 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 04:23:40PM -0700, John Kennedy wrote:
>   In any case, this AM, I crunched up the latest 12.1b3 (r353280), upgraded to
> this mornings ports (since I saw wlroots bump up), made sure about the DRM
> driver and have been doing a stress test of sorts.  In this case, a poudriere
> run of my ~520 ports and getting my load average up to 12+.  Up 2.41 hours
> so far.  Previous record was more in tens of minutes as I was doing stuff.

  It made it ~24 hours before I screwed it up (alt-shift-F# console switching).
Looks more like the keyboard was disabled (tested via caps-lock-light test) vs
any kind of video problem.  Have to try your trick next time.  Now doing all my
normal stuff, plus workspaces and firefox.

  wlroots upgraded -> 0.8.1, sway upgraded -> 1.2_3 after that restart.

  Any idea if previous crashing might fall under llvm90-compiler issues?  I'm
assuming the drm kernel module was fine since X11 seemed happy with it.  I'm
mostly running the same old X11 apps (xterm, firefox, etc) on top of wayland
that are fine under X.