Config file location?

Gary Jennejohn gljennjohn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 07:35:30 UTC 2019

On Tue, 04 Jun 2019 23:13:47 -0700
"Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> It's been quite a long time since I tried to setup and configure a
> fresh new FreeBSD system, but I am doing that now, using 12.0-RELEASE.
> Obviously a lot of things have changed.
>
> So far, most everything is working OK.  I have X running and my
> favorite window manager (fvwm) installed and all is mostly well.
>
> The problem is that I don't much care for the default keyboard
> repeat rate, and I want to increase it.
>
> In that past, I accomplished this by diddling a couple of lines
> in the xorg.conf file, but now I can't even seem to find where
> that is located.  I did do "man Xorg" and checked all of the
> places listed in the FILES section of that man page, but I still
> can't seem to find the little bugger.
>
> Does it still exist?  If so, where?

Looks like you're right, xorg.conf doesn't seem to exist any more.
But the man page is still present, so you could generate one based
on that.

If you still have an old xorg.conf from a backup or a running
system you still copy it to /etc/X11 and the Xorg server will use
it.  I have a fairly old xorg.conf there and it works.

The other possibilty would be to use startx und put a ''xset -r''
command into $HOME/.xinitc.  That's how I do it.

--
Gary Jennejohn