[CFT] changes and updates to x11 input devices

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Tue Jun 12 03:25:36 UTC 2018

On 06/11/2018 12:29, Johannes Lundberg wrote:
> Pete Wright writes:
>
>> On 06/10/2018 23:02, Johannes Lundberg wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 9:58 PM Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org
>>> <mailto:pete at nomadlogic.org>> wrote:
>>>

>>>      On 06/10/2018 00:01, Niclas Zeising wrote:
>>>      > Hi!
>>>      > I've been working for a little while on incorporating the various
>>>      > patches floating around for changes and updates to xorg input
>>>      drivers,
>>>      > mostly related to libinput. The result can be found here, in
>>>      the x11
>>>      > team development repo:
>>>      >
>>>      > https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-ports/tree/feature/input
>>>      >
>>>      > It contains upates to libinput, libeevdev, libwacom,
>>>      > xf86-input-libinput and dependencies.
>>>      >
>>>      > Please help me in testing this as much as possible, so that we can
>>>      > land it in the ports system
>>>      >
>>>      > The branch above is a complete ports tree, so you can use it to
>>>      build
>>>      > from, or to point poudriere at it. Please test various input
>>>      devices,
>>>      > synaptics touchpads, wacom devices and so on. Both success and
>>>      > failure stories are interesting.
>>>

>>>      i haven't had any issues installing pkgs via this branch. one
>>>      question
>>>      tho - i believe to make use of libevdev it requires a kernel built
>>>      with
>>>      evdev support correct? if that is so - is there a specific patchset
>>>      that should be used?
>>>
>>>      i tested out evdev a while ago - but am not sure the patchset i have
>>>      laying around is the correct one.
>>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> For evdev simply add to your kernel config
>>>
>>> options  EVDEV_SUPPORT
>>> device  evdev
>>>
>> oh awesome - didn't realize it had been upstreamed. thanks johannes!
>> -pete
> Don't forget to set the sysctl. I have this in my /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> # define        EVDEV_RCPT_SYSMOUSE     (1<<0)
> # define        EVDEV_RCPT_KBDMUX       (1<<1)
> # define        EVDEV_RCPT_HW_MOUSE     (1<<2)
> # define        EVDEV_RCPT_HW_KBD       (1<<3)
>
> # Legacy mode
> #kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=3
>
> # Libinput and friends
> kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=12

thanks again johannes!

i've been running this on two drm-next systems for a day or so now
without issues.  one is a laptop with synaptics touchpad, other is a
workstation.  the biggest gap in my testing is that i don't have a
patch-set handy for evdev enabled xorg-server port handy.

i might take a look at past attempts and see if i can get it working
tonight - but if others have something working already i'd be keen to
check it out :)

-pete

--
Pete Wright