[CFT] changes and updates to x11 input devices

Johannes Lundberg johalun0 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 19:29:29 UTC 2018

Pete Wright writes:

> On 06/10/2018 23:02, Johannes Lundberg wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 9:58 PM Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org
>> <mailto:pete at nomadlogic.org>> wrote:
>>

>>     On 06/10/2018 00:01, Niclas Zeising wrote:
>>     > Hi!
>>     > I've been working for a little while on incorporating the various
>>     > patches floating around for changes and updates to xorg input
>>     drivers,
>>     > mostly related to libinput. The result can be found here, in
>>     the x11
>>     > team development repo:
>>     >
>>     > https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-ports/tree/feature/input
>>     >
>>     > It contains upates to libinput, libeevdev, libwacom,
>>     > xf86-input-libinput and dependencies.
>>     >
>>     > Please help me in testing this as much as possible, so that we can
>>     > land it in the ports system
>>     >
>>     > The branch above is a complete ports tree, so you can use it to
>>     build
>>     > from, or to point poudriere at it. Please test various input
>>     devices,
>>     > synaptics touchpads, wacom devices and so on. Both success and
>>     > failure stories are interesting.
>>

>>     i haven't had any issues installing pkgs via this branch. one
>>     question
>>     tho - i believe to make use of libevdev it requires a kernel built
>>     with
>>     evdev support correct? if that is so - is there a specific patchset
>>     that should be used?
>>
>>     i tested out evdev a while ago - but am not sure the patchset i have
>>     laying around is the correct one.
>>

>> Hi
>>
>> For evdev simply add to your kernel config
>>
>> options  EVDEV_SUPPORT
>> device  evdev
>>

> oh awesome - didn't realize it had been upstreamed. thanks johannes!
> -pete

Don't forget to set the sysctl. I have this in my /etc/sysctl.conf

# define        EVDEV_RCPT_SYSMOUSE     (1<<0)
# define        EVDEV_RCPT_KBDMUX       (1<<1)
# define        EVDEV_RCPT_HW_MOUSE     (1<<2)
# define        EVDEV_RCPT_HW_KBD       (1<<3)

# Legacy mode
#kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=3

# Libinput and friends
kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=12