[CFT] changes and updates to x11 input devices

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Mon Jun 11 01:57:43 UTC 2018

On 06/10/2018 00:01, Niclas Zeising wrote:
> Hi!
> I've been working for a little while on incorporating the various
> patches floating around for changes and updates to xorg input drivers,
> mostly related to libinput.  The result can be found here, in the x11
> team development repo:
>
> https://github.com/FreeBSDDesktop/freebsd-ports/tree/feature/input
>
> It contains upates to libinput, libeevdev, libwacom,
> xf86-input-libinput and dependencies.
>
> Please help me in testing this as much as possible, so that we can
> land it in the ports system
>
> The branch above is a complete ports tree, so you can use it to build
> from, or to point poudriere at it.  Please test various input devices,
> synaptics touchpads, wacom devices and so on.  Both success and
> failure stories are interesting.

i haven't had any issues installing pkgs via this branch.  one question
tho - i believe to make use of libevdev it requires a kernel built with
evdev support correct?  if that is so - is there a specific patchset
that should be used?

i tested out evdev a while ago - but am not sure the patchset i have
laying around is the correct one.

thanks!
-pete

--