development version of drm kmod

Denis Polygalov dpolyg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 12:20:03 UTC 2018

So now we have drm drivers code located in 5(!) places:

/usr/src/sys/dev/drm/
/usr/src/sys/dev/drm2/
/usr/ports/graphics/drm-devel-kmod/
/usr/ports/graphics/drm-next-kmod/
/usr/ports/graphics/drm-stable-kmod/

plus recent long discussion about what to do
with the drm code in the kernel source tree
with unclear (for newbie) conclusion...

This page is now even more outdated:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/Kernel%20development%20workflow
BTW dead link here: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-base-graphics

It will be more helpful if someone briefly describe difference
between 5 branches above and and future plans for each of them
in one place...

Regards,
Denis.