Radeon HD 4250: screen going blank every few seconds

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Mon Dec 31 07:27:21 UTC 2018

On 12/30/18 10:54 PM, Niclas Zeising wrote:

> Since you are not using the default Xorg, it's very hard to help you.

I don't remember why I updated; possibly the problem I was having is
gone anyway.
I'll try to go back to default version.

> The graphics hardware you're using is also quite old, and not very well
> supported.

I've been using an HD4200 for several years: it's listed as "Works" on
the AMD-GPU-Matrix page and I've been very happy with it.

AFAICT, HD4250 should be the same chip (RS880), just with a slightly
higher clock and some dedicated RAM, so I thought it would work as well
(and with the same configuration).
I understand the devil is in the details, though.

> Which driver are you using?

Sorry, I do not understand that question.
I'm using xf86-video-ati-18.1.0,1: is this the info you wanted?
I think I posted every info on my system; if it's something that's not
there, where do I find it?

> I noticed on the list that you have
> drm-fbsd11.2-kmod installed, however, you might have better luck using
> the legacy drm driver that's in base in FreeBSD 11.2.  In that case, you
> also need to install xf86-video-ati-legacy rather than xf86-video-ati.

I'll try this too.

  bye & Thanks
	av.