A question about graphics subsystems under FreeBSD

Pete Wright pete at nomadlogic.org
Fri Dec 28 21:41:24 UTC 2018

On 12/28/18 1:27 PM, starikarp at yandex.com wrote:

> *really old* (*ancient*) - which year is the end of the old cards and
> it started with the newer, please?

I don't have specific dates handy, but the wiki states which is
hopefully helpful:

(under AMD GPU section):
"AMD GPU is the kernel module that can be used to support post-HD7000 or
Tahiti GPU's."

(and under Radeon KMS)
"Radeon KMS is a distinct driver intended for older AMD based GPU's that
are available in pre-HD7000 or Tahiti GPU's"

I'll update the support matrix to reflect this, also - corrections or
clarifications are certainly welcome here! :)

-pete

--
Pete Wright
pete at nomadlogic.org