End of year Xorg status rant

abi abi at abinet.ru
Sun Jan 1 21:05:53 UTC 2017

On 01.01.2017 23:52, Matthew Macy wrote:
> Evangelists != money. If some data center operator tomorrow said that they'd buy 2000 pascal cards, but they had to be supported by FreeBSD, Nvidia would support would appear shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, that is not likely to happen.

It would be better if Nvidia drops support of FreeBSD. I remember we had
nouveau in 7.x (2010 ?) but nvidia driver killed it. And it continue to
haunt graphics subsystem, killing the enthusiasm to port amd or intel
drivers. BSDs without access to nvidia blob are ahead of us even if they
have much less manpower.