End of year Xorg status rant

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Jan 1 09:55:39 UTC 2017

On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 11:36:38AM +0200, dan_partelly wrote:
> With all due respect, you guys need to take more seriously the process
> and politics of contributions to FreeBSD.

I've been trying to promote this for years and have made inadequate
progress.  What are your suggestions?

> Especially the core, they should make this a priority.

Everyone seems to think core "drives" the project.  It doesn't.  It is
more of a governing body.  Should it be more active?  Opinions vary.

> The time frame for review is way too big

Agreed.  I've not accomplished what I wanted to here, either.  What are
your suggestions?

> There is also something which I perceive as a lack of direction in
> the project.

It's a collective, not a hierarchy.  People work on what they want to
work on.

mcl