Help, mouse and touchpad scrolls in opposite directions

Greg V greg at unrelenting.technology
Thu Dec 28 19:04:40 UTC 2017

On 12/28/2017 19:58, Doug Kirk wrote:
> If you use libinput you can individually change settings for each device.
>
> `xinput list` provides the list of devices with IDs. For my touchpad, I
> enable "natural scrolling' with the following:
>
>    xinput set-prop 12 284 1
>
> where 12 is the device ID, 284 is the property (found with `xinput
> list-props 12`), and 1 is the value (Boolean).
>
> Cheers!
This is not necessarily dependent on evdev/libinput.

FreeBSD by default (?) prefers a combined virtual mouse
(sysmouse/moused), even with evdev.

To get evdev events from separate devices, you need to change rcpt_mask
sysctl.

With the old FBSD specific interfaces, you have to list them in
xorg.conf I think.