4.6 DRM/i915 update CFT (Sandy Bridge?)/IvyBridge/Haswell/Broadwell/SkyLake/KabyLakesupported

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Sun May 22 15:44:09 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 11:19:22AM -0400, Neel Chauhan wrote:
> UPDATE: Broadwell actually does work on my laptop, and quite well,
> provided that I don't use this line in the X.Org config:
> 	Option "AccelMethod" "sna"
>
> Probably this line in the X.Org config is causing issues.
>
> If I load i915kms and don't use xinit/startx, the console is still
> slow. But if I run xinit/startx, the performance is good. Also, if I
> leave X.Org and go back to the console, the slow console is not there.

Same here but if you look at top you will see xorg eating 100% CPU in fact this
is the module complaining about local_irq_enable/local_irq_disable all the time.

Removing the printf from UNIMPLEMENTED() in there (so the printf) fixes the
issue.

In my case everyting is working but xv extension

Considering xrandr I have small artefacts when using multiple screen, but still
usable

if I activate sna, it is totally broken

if I use newer xorg along with newer xf86-video-intel from ports-graphics repo
- with uxa: works but full of artefacts everywhere, unusable
- with sna: instant panic

concerning vt:
- it is always slow and not related to the debug option being on by default in
  the driver
- multiple screens do work
- when using a secondary screen (DP in my case) the secondary screen is faster
  that the main screen

Thanks for the work, that said with current xorg and current xf86-video-intel
using uxa it is perfectly usable, thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Bapt