laptop recommendations for radeon driver testing

Matthew Macy mmacy at nextbsd.org
Sat Jun 4 06:31:02 UTC 2016

I have an Ivy Bridge, a Haswell, a Skylake, and a Cherry Trail based system for testing i915 - along with an Arrandale (T410) on the way. I have a Thinkpad e565, a Fury X, and a Fury Nano for testing amdgpu. However,  I have nothing that uses Radeon. After all the time I've put in to Intel (continue to put in :-/) I feel that I would be remiss in simply tossing the code out there and hoping that it works. This all a long winded way of saying please recommend a pre-GCN3 based laptop.

I know I could easily obtain a card, but my desktop isn't for crash testing, and my servers are for network testing and network cards don't seem to cohabit well. At least when I tried to put a GTX980Ti in next to a Intel Niantic 10GigE card the system didn't boot.

Thanks.

-M