Anyone started the Radeon port yet? (Radeon HD 8610G)

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Sat Feb 20 00:06:37 UTC 2016

On 20/02/2016 00:08, Anthony Jenkins via freebsd-x11 wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi!

> Has anyone already started work on porting the radeonkms stuff from
> Linux to FreeBSD?  If not, I'll be tossing my hat in the ring.  I
> haven't started on Jean-Sébastien's porting guide yet, but that's my
> next step.

\o/

Johannes Dieterich (CC'd) started to work on Linux 4.3. His goal is to
have the "amdgpu" driver. I don't know if and how he will touch the
"radeon" driver.

As said in the guide, I believe we should first focus on moving to
linuxkpi. It will make any updates (to Linux 3.9 or 4.4) far easier.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron