ValleyView

Alexander Mishurov alexander.m.mishurov at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 08:15:58 UTC 2016

Thank you for the information. You is the person i was looking for.

I have working drm2/kms915 from 3.8-update on my Haswell Chromebook.
It works nice except of obj->base.write_domain bug,
I changed BUG_ON to WARN_ON like it mentioned in issue's comments
to get rid of annoying reboots and crashes.

But also I have second laptop with BayTrail chip and ValleyView graphics
I thought
that to make it enabled would be something to change couple of lines of
code.
I was wrong.

So I still want to enable VLV graphics by moving code closer to 3.10.
Then start to fix bugs on already working video.

There's some notes, if you can comment them, it would be great.

1. My VGA PCI ID is not listed and there isn't a lot of VLV specific
registers and functions
     in existing code. The closest branch is 3.10. I tried to use code
from 3.14, then from 3.12,
     I got all working except of eDP and i2c communication but diffs are
too big.
     Then I decided to use closest branch from Linux which have desired
code.
     To make FreeBSD code more consistent and don't do a lot of work
with huge diffs.

2. I still have misunderstanding about AGP, AGP driver used for gtt
initialisation
     and other things in drm so I have to enable my id in AGP driver,
and use device
     id itself instead of bridge device id to read PCI registers and so on.
     I suppose it because chip is SoC. But thers's no such
configurations before
     I made changes to existing code. Stolen Memory is still incorrectly
detected by DRM.
     I'm working on it.

Now after my attempts I'm familiar enough with 3.8 branch code
and equivalent code from Linux to make some useful changes.
I want to join IRC or mail you when diffs will be ready or there will
be some significant questions because I don't want to bother people
when there's nothing to show.