ValleyView

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Sat Feb 6 00:57:32 UTC 2016

Le 04/02/2016 19:33, Alexander Mishurov a écrit :
> Working on dev/drm2/i915/intel_dp.c
>
> There's lot of code to get from Linux.

Hi!

I'm already working on an update to the i915 driver, based on Linux 3.8.
It includes preliminary ValleyView support (but disabled by default).

The code and instructions are available on the wiki if you want to test:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/Update%20i915%20GPU%20driver%20to%20Linux%203.8

Now, if you want to contribute, that's awesome! Right now, I'm tracking
the issue described here:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-base-graphics/issues/2

Bug reports and fixes for already supported GPUs (up to Ivy Bridge) are
more than welcome!

If you prefer to work on the next update, see this thread:
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2016-January/017109.html

Please indicate on this mailing-list what you want to work on to
coordinate with other people. Also, if you can, please join our IRC
channel so we can discuss this (#freebsd-xorg on EFnet).

Thank you!

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron