10.3 stable successfully running Haswell graphics

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Thu Apr 14 16:25:36 UTC 2016

When the nVidia card was attached, did kldloading i915ikms cause kernel
panic? Or was the problem merely X.org not detecting the intel GPU device?

A person just before posted that their laptop with both intel and nVidia
GPUs has kernel panic upon loading i915kms, even though the laptop Ivy
Bridge chipset should be fully supported even in 10.3 without patches.

Summa summarum: the DRM/KMS stack seems to misbehave with nVidia GPUs.
This need to be fixed. More data required for devs.

If you want to help, you could run FreeBSD HEAD from a USB stick and
test if intel is usable with nVidia attached, and if not, report PR to
the developers so they can fix this problem.