10.3 stable successfully running Haswell graphics

Jeremy jeremy.m.cox at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 04:14:05 UTC 2016

Thanks for all of your hard work at FreeBSD. And thanks to *Masachika
ISHIZUKA's *Haswell patch I am running my Haswell graphics on FreeBSD 10.3
stable (r297531M) using Xorg Server version 1.18.3 and KDE 4.14.3.

The only issue I had was trying to get Xorg Server to start with my Nvidia
card installed in my computer and Haswell graphics selected by the computer
BIOS as the primary video, (but without my Nvidia card being used at all).
I tried modifying the Xorg.conf file with BUSID and also tried removing the
Nvidia configure lines from Xorg.conf but nothing worked, and it wouldn't
start. I finally had to physically remove the Nvidia card to get the
Haswell graphics to work. Other than that, the Haswell graphics works like
a charm.

Again, thank you all for your hard work!
regards,

Jeremy Cox