Testing the new i915 driver (rev. 3820047)

Michael Gmelin grembo at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 18 08:59:08 UTC 2015

On Sat, 17 Oct 2015 15:26:08 +0200
Jean-Sébastien Pédron <dumbbell at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Lately, I fixed several issues with the GEM, people already reported
> this improved things for them.
>
> I believe I fixed two problems with the output connectors too and I
> hope that it will be fine now for people who reported eg. non-working
> HDMI. However, I can't test this myself.

Tested the latest version on the Acer c720, HDMI works now, not only
video, but also audio (which is great).

There were a couple of red lines in the left upper corner of the
screen (which disappeared eventually):
http://blog.grem.de/bits/i915_1.jpg

Also had the problem of wrong permissions/group on /dev/dri/* another
user reported earlier.

chrome reports that MESA-LOADER doesn't recognize the PCI ID.

Suspend/resume doesn't work (machine boots on resume). When setting
sysctl debug.acpi.suspend_bound=1, the screen stays off until the
graphics mode is changed (e.g. start X). It shows the following message
at the console:

error: [drm:pid687:i915_write8] *ERROR* Unknown unclaimed register
before writing to 3b4
error: [drm:pid687:i915_write32] *ERROR* Unclaimed write to 70030
info: [drm] Enabling RC6 states: RC6 on, RC6p off, RC6pp off

Thanks for working on this!
- Michael

--
Michael Gmelin