X keyboard layout and synaptics touchpad config issues

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Sat Oct 17 13:20:57 UTC 2015

On 16.10.2015 17:23, Eric McCorkle wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!

> First, I can't seem to set the X keyboard layout to dvorak.  I had the
> usual 'Option "XkbLayout" "dvorak"' setting, which worked in the past,
> but doesn't seem to work now.

Please take a look at the recommended way to setup the keyboard layout
in the Handbook:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html#x-config-input-keyboard-layout

The X.Org server configuration section in the Handbook was updated a few
days ago.

> Also, the synaptics touchpad driver seems to be sending the mouse
> pointer to the upper left corner of the screen whenever I double-click.

I can't comment on this as I never used xf86-input-synaptics.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron