Testing the new i915 driver

Arto Pekkanen isoa at kapsi.fi
Tue Oct 13 19:55:46 UTC 2015

Ed Maste kirjoitti 13.10.2015 22:45:
> On 13 October 2015 at 15:27, Arto Pekkanen <isoa at kapsi.fi> wrote:
>> I get the same error as you, and have reported this earlier. I also
>> included
>> text core dump as attachment in the message.
>
> Ah, I haven't seen your message -- where was it posted?

Funny it was not seen.

Anyway, I will now post the text core dump and cam shot of dmesg here
again so you all can see it. Hopefully I can get it through this time.

>> How did you manage to paste the dmesg text here? Is there are way to
>> attach
>> dmesg on the generated core dump? After my laptop panicked, the only
>> thing I
>> could do was take a shot of the dmesg with a camera.
>
> This is on my laptop, and I don't see any output on the screen -- the
> crash happens before anything is output on the display.  I'm using the
> Intel AMT Serial over LAN to access the console and debugger.
>
> My build host has comms/amtterm installed, and the target has AMT
> configured with a static IP address, mostly as described on
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology_%28AMT%29

Ah, so AMT is some firmware (SMM) resident program that provides access
to boot console?

I do have a Thinkpad T430 so it probably includes the AMT feature, I
gotta check the documentation and see if I can get it working.

Attached in this email is the text core dump. Panic after kldload
i915kms.

Cam shot of dmesg:
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~isoa/crash/dmesg-crash-2015-10-11.jpg

--