Testing the new i915 driver

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 13 19:45:21 UTC 2015

On 13 October 2015 at 15:27, Arto Pekkanen <isoa at kapsi.fi> wrote:
> I get the same error as you, and have reported this earlier. I also included
> text core dump as attachment in the message.

Ah, I haven't seen your message -- where was it posted?

> How did you manage to paste the dmesg text here? Is there are way to attach
> dmesg on the generated core dump? After my laptop panicked, the only thing I
> could do was take a shot of the dmesg with a camera.

This is on my laptop, and I don't see any output on the screen -- the
crash happens before anything is output on the display.  I'm using the
Intel AMT Serial over LAN to access the console and debugger.

My build host has comms/amtterm installed, and the target has AMT
configured with a static IP address, mostly as described on
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_Active_Management_Technology_%28AMT%29