Haswel / i915 experimental test result

Isaac Raway isaac at mm.st
Mon Nov 23 22:30:45 UTC 2015

Yes, /boot/kernel.i915 contains the new kernel.

I use UEFI boot, grub has always been really hard to setup on
this machine.

I used this bit you quote from the page to try to boot into the kernel:

# nextboot -k kernel.i915 reboot

But this is making me think it really didn't work because that's the
wrong diredtory that it is loading i915kms from, and I think we're
looking for i915.ko anyway -- which isn't listed at all.

$ kldstat -v|grep i915 44    1 0xffffffff8248d000 6c2bb    i915kms.ko
(/boot/kernel/i915kms.ko)        537 vgapci/i915kms

I'll try to find more info on booting an alternative kernel with PC-
BSD and UEFI.

IJR