Whither ttmkfdir?

John D. Hendrickson johnandsara2 at cox.net
Mon Mar 30 23:34:44 UTC 2015

Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I see that x11-fonts/ttmkdir has been deleted and marked as "orphaned". It
> is still readily available from several places including the frozen, but
> very much alive FreeCode as well as Github. I don't know of any substitute
> for this tool to build font directories for TT fonts.
>
> Are font directories still needed? If so, this port really needs to be
> restored. It may be old and had not had an update for over a decade, but it
> is simple and does the job. I thought RedHat was still "supporting" it.
>
> If font directories are no longer required by the latest Xorg-server, never
> mind.
> --
> Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
> E-mail: rkoberman at gmail.com

however i suggest you call adobe and get their font distro (if they even
know where it is or will sell it ! )

they used to sell high q fonts and unix tools on a CD

i'm a hacker i hate "giving in".  on the other hand i wouldn't suggest
hours font headaches if Adobe has a CD that is inexpensive and the real deal