[Call for testers] The i915 kernel driver as a port on FreeBSD 9.3

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 24 23:26:13 UTC 2015

Hi!

FreeBSD 9.3's i915 kernel driver is missing hardware context support.
This means we are stuck with Mesa 9.1 and xserver 1.14 on this version.

We are experimenting with providing the i915 kernel driver with hardware
context as a port:
http://blogs.freebsdish.org/graphics/2015/03/18/mesa-10-x-and-i915-on-freebsd-9-x/

The article includes a patch and instructions to test it.

Could i915 and Radeon users running FreeBSD 9.3 on their desktop please
test this?

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron