NV: Failed to load module "xaa" (module does not exist, 0)

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Wed Feb 18 20:49:31 UTC 2015

On 18.02.2015 21:38, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Wen will the bit-rot in nv become bad enough to remove the driver?

I'm fine with removing it actually. We probably should have done that
already.

> It's unfortunate that Nouveau has become so Linux-centric that is is
> not viable as a FreeBSD driver.

In fact, it's not that Linux-centric. It has the same dependencies than
the Radeon driver, so everything is in place to make it work. One
problem is the files layout: files are spread in subdfirectories with
many files having the same name (where i915 and Radeon drivers put all
files in a single top directory). The FreeBSD build system is not
designed for this case and it will require some work.

But other than that, porting Nouveau just requires time "only" :)

And Nouveau developers are very nice and would be very happy to see the
driver be ported to FreeBSD.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron