[RFC] Embed the mesa version in the library/binary name

Emil Velikov emil.l.velikov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 22:00:30 UTC 2015

On 14 August 2015 at 18:52, Igor Gnatenko
<ignatenkobrain at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> I'm fully agree with proposal, but one question. How much libs/programs
> links against libGL or other libs? I mean how much programs we will rebuild
> every release?
The libGL.so and libGL.so.1 (and equivalents for other libraries) will
not be renamed. Thus nothing will need to be rebuild, as everything is
(and will be) using the original libGL.so.1 soname.

Hmm guess I should have included this example in the original email :)
$ ls -la /usr/lib/libGL*.so*
libGLESv1_CM.so -> libGLESv1_CM.so.11.1
libGLESv1_CM.so.1 -> libGLESv1_CM.so.11.1
libGLESv1_CM.so.11.1
libGLESv2.so -> libGLESv2.so.11.1
libGLESv2.so.2 -> libGLESv2.so.11.1
libGLESv2.so.11.1