[CFT] i915: add HW context support (for Mesa 9.2+)

Mikhail Tsatsenko m.tsatsenko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 12:37:11 UTC 2014

> Hello!
>
> Mesa 9.2+ requires "hardware context support" [1] in the i915 driver to
> work on Intel GPUs found in Sandy Bridge and later. Our driver lacks
> this feature, that's why we're stuck with Mesa 9.1 in the ports tree.
>
> If you have one of those GPUs and you try Mesa 10.2 for instance
> (available from the xorg-dev's experimental branch [2]), it will
> complain with the following message:
>
>   # glxinfo
>   name of display: :0.0
>   Gen6+ requires Kernel 3.6 or later.
>   Assertion failed: (ctx->Version > 0), (...)
>   Abort (core dumped)
>
> I prepared a patch to add this feature to our i915 driver; the goal is
> to have it in 10.1-RELEASE:
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics/Add%20HW%20context%20support%20to%20i915
>
> The article above explains how to test the patch. We're interested in
> success/failure reports for any GPU, not just Intel ones. So please test
> it! :)
>
> Thank you!
Hi!
Thanks for your great work.
I just tried to apply the patch against releng/10.0 and it failed to
apply clearly.
patch -p 1 -sC < /tmp/drm-i915-hw-context.1.patch
1 out of 3 hunks failed while patching sys/dev/drm2/drm_os_freebsd.h
1 out of 2 hunks failed while patching sys/modules/drm2/drm2/Makefile
No such line 44 in input file, ignoring
2 out of 3 hunks failed while patching sys/modules/drm2/i915kms/Makefile
2 out of 2 hunks failed while patching sys/modules/drm2/radeonkms/Makefile
No such line 392 in input file, ignoring
patch: **** misordered hunks! output would be garbled

Which revision I should use to test the patch?

--
Mikhail