The Graphics stack team has a blog now!

Jean-Sébastien Pédron dumbbell at FreeBSD.org
Tue Oct 21 19:42:57 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

The communication hasn't always be good from the graphics team. We are
improving this through various ways:

    o  A reorganized wiki section:
       https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics

    o  Quarterly report covering both the ports and the kernel for an
       increased coherence:
       https://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-2014-07-2014-09.html

We just added a new tool: a blog, available here:
http://blogs.freebsdish.org/graphics/

We wrote 4 articles which should give you a good idea of the content we
want to share:

    1. Information about recent or upcoming changes to the Ports tree
       or the kernel, see "Mesa 10.3.0 committed!".

    2. Articles answering technical questions, see "Why kernel video
       drivers?".

    3. Annoucements of modifications to the team and how we work, see
       "Migrating xorg-dev to Git".

    4. Reports following events related to the graphics stack, see
       "FreeBSD at the XDC 2014".

We will continue to send the same kind of content to this mailing-list.
But the blog allows to update the original content and keep the
information in one place, compared to multiple mails spread in a thread.
Furthermore, it allows people to easily add it to their RSS reader.

We really hope that, through all these tools, you better understand
where we go and why! :)

Note : this blog will be added soon to the "planet"
(http://blogs.freebsdish.org/).

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron