CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at li.ru
Sun Nov 16 20:27:43 UTC 2014

Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
> On 16.11.2014 17:49, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
>> Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
>>> Could you please post your dmesg (taken after startx) and Xorg.log with
>>> xf86-video-ati-ums installed?
>>
>> I'll try asap. It will require changing Xserver and all connected
>> packages again. Xorg.log was posted in this thread somewhere earlier ;)
>
> Right, I found it, no need to make a new one.
>
> AIGLX complains about the kernel driver which isn't the KMS driver. I
> don't know why it requires that...
>
>> do you need verbose dmesg?
>
> No, thank you.
>
>>> Furthermore, could you please try again with xf86-video-ati 7.5.0 with
>>> the following sysctl set?
>>> debug.debugger_on_panic=0
>>>
>>> And setup kernel core dumps. You need at least the following line in
>>> /etc/rc.conf:
>>> dumpdev="AUTO"
>>>
>>> What version of FreeBSD do you use by the way? 11-CURRENT?
>>>
>> 7.5.0 is unusable for me because it refuses to wake up after night long
>> sleep, as I posted before.
>
> I understand that. The goal is to obtain a kernel core dump if the
> kernel is crashing during the nigh sleep. Sorry, I should have explained
> that clearly.

there's no kernel crach. computer works, I even can attach a different
monitor using ssh and xrandr. the problem is that original monitor
refuses to wake up regardless of mode while xrandr says that it works
and on, and, secondly, additional monitor has 256 colours instead of
configured truecolour

--
SY, Marat