CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Sun Nov 16 17:44:47 UTC 2014

On 16.11.2014 17:49, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
> Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
>> Could you please post your dmesg (taken after startx) and Xorg.log with
>> xf86-video-ati-ums installed?
>
> I'll try asap. It will require changing Xserver and all connected
> packages again. Xorg.log was posted in this thread somewhere earlier ;)

Right, I found it, no need to make a new one.

AIGLX complains about the kernel driver which isn't the KMS driver. I
don't know why it requires that...

> do you need verbose dmesg?

No, thank you.

>> Furthermore, could you please try again with xf86-video-ati 7.5.0 with
>> the following sysctl set?
>> debug.debugger_on_panic=0
>>
>> And setup kernel core dumps. You need at least the following line in
>> /etc/rc.conf:
>> dumpdev="AUTO"
>>
>> What version of FreeBSD do you use by the way? 11-CURRENT?
>>
> 7.5.0 is unusable for me because it refuses to wake up after night long
> sleep, as I posted before.

I understand that. The goal is to obtain a kernel core dump if the
kernel is crashing during the nigh sleep. Sorry, I should have explained
that clearly.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron