CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Sun Nov 16 16:36:20 UTC 2014

On 16.11.2014 17:20, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
>> If you tried to start X with xf86-video-ati installed and then you
>> installed xf86-video-ati-ums, you need to reboot. This is because the
>> kernel driver is loaded and can't be unloaded without a reboot.
>
> I installed xf-98-video-ati-ums after I encountered hard lockup with
> 7.4.0 and pressed reset on computer:
> booted to single,
> fsck-ed all fs, (btw lost a .history file, as usual)
> make -C /usr/ports/install in x11-dricers/xf86-video-ati-ums
> then
> startx
> and black screen with 1920x1200 at 60 on my monitor. c-a-f1 doesn't work

Could you please post your dmesg (taken after startx) and Xorg.log with
xf86-video-ati-ums installed?

Furthermore, could you please try again with xf86-video-ati 7.5.0 with
the following sysctl set?
debug.debugger_on_panic=0

And setup kernel core dumps. You need at least the following line in
/etc/rc.conf:
dumpdev="AUTO"

What version of FreeBSD do you use by the way? 11-CURRENT?

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron