CFT: Update to xf86-video-ati 7.5.0

Marat N.Afanasyev amarat at li.ru
Sun Nov 16 16:20:19 UTC 2014

Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:
> On 09.11.2014 07:05, Marat N.Afanasyev wrote:
>> I was too enthusiastic about 7.4.0, I suppose I have a big deal of
>> bad carma here, because of no version of any radeon-kms drivers works
>> stable for me at all. 7.4.0 just hanged out my machine without
>> anything in logs :(
>
> By "hanged", do you mean the computer doesn't react to keyboard/mouse
> events? Did you try to reach it from the network?

It hung. no reaction from console, no access from network, nothing at
all, even pinging computer was unsuccessful.

>> Jean, can you tell me what steps should be taken to make
>> xf86-video-radeon-ums work? now it just complains about (EE) AIGLX
>> error: r600 does not export required DRI extension
>
> If you tried to start X with xf86-video-ati installed and then you
> installed xf86-video-ati-ums, you need to reboot. This is because the
> kernel driver is loaded and can't be unloaded without a reboot.

I installed xf-98-video-ati-ums after I encountered hard lockup with
7.4.0 and pressed reset on computer:
booted to single,
fsck-ed all fs, (btw lost a .history file, as usual)
make -C /usr/ports/install in x11-dricers/xf86-video-ati-ums
then
startx
and black screen with 1920x1200 at 60 on my monitor. c-a-f1 doesn't work

so, no previous garbage from xf86-video-ati in memory and card, I suppose

--
SY, Marat