Turning off HAL for xorg-server

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 16 12:37:06 UTC 2014

On Sun, 16 Nov 2014, the wise Warren Block wrote:

> xorg-server no longer requires HAL.  When can we turn the HAL option off in
> the port?

You can already. I've turned it off a long time ago and it works fine. HAL
is also unset in my make.conf.

Regards,
Marco

--
Why are you watching
The washing machine?

Professor Doberman:
 	While the preceding poem is unarguably a change from the guarded
pessimism of "The Hound of Heaven," it cannot be regarded as an unqualified
improvement.  Obscurity is of value only when it tends to clarify the poetic
experience.  As much as one is compelled to admire the poem's technique, one
must question whether its byplay of complex literary allusions does not in
fact distract from the unity of the whole.  In the final analysis, one
receives the distinct impression that the poem's length could safely have
been reduced by a factor of eight or ten without sacrificing any of its
meaning.  It is to be hoped that further publication of this poem can be
suspended pending a thorough investigation of its potential subversive
implications.