Issue with DRI after latest update

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Wed Nov 5 18:21:50 UTC 2014

On 05.11.2014 19:14, xtremyst inxtremo wrote:
> I honestly don't know what to say anymore. My last mail describes all the
> steps I followed and the results. Since the last hard reset, I booted to my
> arch linux installation for a few hours (and sent the previous mail), I
> just switched back to FreeBSD, replaced xf86-video-ati-ums with
> xf86-video-ati and started X. Everything works great now. When I execute
> startx I see the cursor and the square on top left corner for a second,
> then they get really small  and X starts normally. I have absolutely no
> idea why or how. I rebooted a few times and I still have DRI enabled.

xf86-video-ati 7.5.0 won't fix your problem compared to 7.2.0 IMHO.

We may have a bug in the kernel driver with your card generation. If
using xf86-video-ati-ums works for you currently, keep using that. And
when we call for testers on this mailing-list for updated kernel
drivers, please test :)

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron