openchrome on Chrome 9 HC

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Wed Jul 16 12:04:41 UTC 2014

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014, Jean-Sébastien Pédron wrote:

> On 16.07.2014 04:46, Warren Block wrote:
>> After a hacky bit of installing xorg-server 1.14.5,1, surprisingly
>> enough, it just now managed to start X with the OpenChrome driver.  No
>> one is more surprised than me, because it was a partial install.  There
>> were complaints about it wanting automake 1.14.1 rather than 1.14.
>
> Which port(s) complained?

fontsproto and xorg-server (as far as I recall) but I suspect now that
was because the CMOS battery was dead and the date defaulted to 2002.
After setting the date, they built.

x11-fonts/libXfont does not build, showing:

   checking for XFONT... configure: error: Package requirements (xproto xtrans fontsproto < 2.1.3 fontenc) were not met:
   Package dependency requirement 'fontsproto < 2.1.3' could not be satisfied.
   Package 'fontsproto' has version '2.1.3', required version is '< 2.1.3'

That might also be an artifact.