openchrome on Chrome 9 HC

Jean-Sébastien Pédron jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr
Wed Jul 16 09:04:16 UTC 2014

On 16.07.2014 04:46, Warren Block wrote:
> After a hacky bit of installing xorg-server 1.14.5,1, surprisingly
> enough, it just now managed to start X with the OpenChrome driver.  No
> one is more surprised than me, because it was a partial install.  There
> were complaints about it wanting automake 1.14.1 rather than 1.14.

Which port(s) complained?

> pixman has a plist error, showing 32.4 instead of 32.6 for a library
> version, so it fails in staging before being able to install until that
> is fixed.

Thanks, I just fixed it in xorg-dev.

> I'm impressed.  What is the schedule for upgrading the Xorg ports?

Thank you for testing! I don't remember what's preventing xserver 1.14
from going to the ports tree. We forgot to record the reason on the
wiki, if there's one. We'll discuss this again and maybe send a call for
testers.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron