Regression radeonkms r690 between r265233M and r268249

J.R. Oldroyd fbsd at opal.com
Mon Jul 14 19:20:58 UTC 2014

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 19:40:29 +0200 Jean-Sébastien Pédron <jean-sebastien.pedron at dumbbell.fr> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I don't think commits made to sys/dev/drm2 during this period are
> critical enough.
>
> Can you try with syscons instead of vt? If you have some time, can you
> bisect commits between those two dates?

Bonsoir !

Okée, I did some tests...

None of the GENERIC/syscons kernels that I tested work with radeonkms.
It always fails at init of the ring command processor.  Tested:
	r265233, r265470, r266092, r266931 -- all fail

But using the VT config and the same sources, I found:
	r265233 and r265289 -- these work
	r265470 -- this fails

Most of the changes between r265289 and r265470 do not appear to be
relevant.  However, there are some changes to vm_fault.c and vm_page.c
that might have some impact.

I am out of time for today, now.

	-jr