[HEADS UP] Fwd: svn commit: r328711 - in head: . Mk astro/viking cad/pdnmesh cad/repsnapper deskutils/pinot devel/xorg-macros emulators/catapult emulators/qemu-devel emulators/tme games/klavaro games/sea-defender ..

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 1 21:28:41 UTC 2013

--
> R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer

As Niclas Zeising points out, current/head may be not so bad.

On main computer from June 2011, I use 9.2 prerelease, getting ready to source-upgrade, on both hard drive and USB stick.

I may even install 9.2 i386 on a USB 3.0 stick, wine being the big reason.

But on MSI Z77 MPOWER motherboard, I would build FreeBSD-current from 9.2 amd64 USB 2.0 stick, but Realtek 9111E re0 doesn't work on Z77 MPOWER motherboard, using 9.2 USB-stick installation, though it works on main computer.

I don't really know if re0 would work on FreeBSD-current on MSI Z77 MPOWER, but there is also a device rsu in
$SRCDIR/sys/conf/NOTES that might work with Hiro H50191 USB-stick WLAN adapter, chip Realtek RTL8191SU 802.11n .

This Ethernet works with re0 in NetBSD-current amd64 (NetBSD 6.1_STABLE consistently hung on boot) but not OpenBSD 5.3 Live USB; seems to be good with Linux.

So I source-upgraded my USB-stick installation of NetBSD-current amd64 (they use cvs), packages too from pkgsrc, then built subversion and checked out FreeBSD-current source tree.

Now I can build FreeBSD-current using FreeBSD 9.2 USB stick unless I dare to cross-compile from NetBSD, think FreeBSD would have the better chance of success.  But I would svn update first, from NetBSD-current amd64.

I feel like current is the only FreeBSD option for the MSI Z77 MPOWER, also the only NetBSD option.

It seems this thread should really be on freebsd-current?

Tom