xorg-devel x11/libxcb build error

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sat May 4 05:41:57 UTC 2013

Hi.

> There should already be a port x11/xcb-proto in xorg-dev, and also in the
> regular ports tree, so there should be no need to create the port.

I did not do any modification to the ports tree - it seems fine. After
poudriere was unable to build because of the "missing package" not found in
the repository, creating a package for xcb-proto and placing it in the repo
fixes this error - ie poudriere completes the build for package libxcb

> If you have trouble building xcb-proto
No problem there, as explained above.

As you know, if there is a package which the poudriere build que depends on
or which it requires for the build process, then poudriere checks the repo
for this package and if it finds that it is missing in the repo, it then
adds the missing dependent package into the build que automatically so as to
prevent a similar error like the above. Since we are getting this error,
poudriere is not calculating the depends tree/process correctly. This also
could be a poudriere issue, but not likely.

Using portshaker to merge the ports trees.
Regards.

-----
10-Current-amd64-using ccache-portstree merged with marcuscom.gnome3 & xorg.devel