xorg-devel x11/libxcb build error

Niclas Zeising zeising at freebsd.org
Fri May 3 21:54:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-03 18:11, Beeblebrox wrote:
> x11/libxcb does not build in poudriere but builds natively. poudriere log
> shows:
> "Failed to install the following 1 package(s):
> /packages/All/xcb-proto-1.8.txz"
>
> Solution: I created a package for x11/xcb-proto and added it to the repo,
> then re-ran poudriere. The run completed successfully (because xcb-proto
> package was now available)
>
> The package dependency is missing the xcb-proto entry, which results with
> broken poudriere run.
> Using xorg-devel...

Hi!
Can you double check that you actually got xorg-devel properly?  There
should already be a port x11/xcb-proto in xorg-dev, and also in the
regular ports tree, so there should be no need to create the port.
If you have trouble building xcb-proto, I need to see a log of the
failed build to be able to help you further.
Regards!
--
Niclas