"Radeon HD 4200": e17 and gdm3 not working

Beeblebrox zaphod at berentweb.com
Sun Mar 24 06:56:12 UTC 2013

Can anyone give me an idea for where to look and how to start some debugging?

At high HDD load (poudriere job) I am getting system lock-ups. First the web
browser freezes, then the whole screen, finally the whole system lock-up
(numlock / capslock stops responding). At this point I end up having to cut
the power to box.

This will end up damaging my hardware, so I would really like to get to the
bottom of this urgently.

Regards.