ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Sat Feb 2 12:40:01 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/175532; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "O. Hartmann" <ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To: Niclas Zeising <zeising at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/175532: x11/xdm: /bin/cp -n /usr/local/share/examples/xdm/GiveConsole
 /usr/local/lib/X11/xdm/GiveConsole *** [post-install] Error code 1
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 13:33:38 +0100

 --------------enig8FB7CDC80745FF72FE3CA7D7

 Am 02/02/13 13:16, schrieb Niclas Zeising:
 > On 02/02/13 13:04, O. Hartmann wrote:

 >>> Yes.  What other problems are you referring to?  x11/xdm is the same
 >>> version regardless of WITH_NEW_XORG.
 >>> Regards!
 >>>

 >> Those problems are related to other ports, databases/akonadi or
 >> deskutils/kdepimlibs4 which refuse to compile not finding qmake (which=

 >> is installed as qmake-qt4).
 >>
 >> From time to time I realized running CURRENT, it is wise to recompile
 >> ports. So I did with xorg and xdm since they had been compiled in the
 >> CLANG 3.1 era and now we are with CLANG 3.2 and with libc++.
 >>
 >> When I performed a "portmaster -w -r xorg xdm", I found myself lost wi=
 th
 >> the reported error and with a deleted pkg database entry for xdm.
 >> x11/xdm wasn't even reported installed then - but the binaries of the
 >> new build were obviously there.
 >>
 >> It is not the first time that portmaster deletes a port and at the ver=
 >> end it fails and refuses updating the database, like it happened with
 >> x11/xdm.
 >=20
 > Without knowing any details, that sounds partly like a problem with
 > portmaster...  As I said, I can't reproduce the xdm issue locally,
 > although I do not use portmaster, and most of my builds are done with a=

 > tinderbox of some sort.
 > Regards!
 >=20

 In my case, I can reproduce the fail on ALL boxes equipted with a
 X11/xorg and running 10.0-CURRENT installation, but NOT on 9.1-STABLE. I
 wouldn't doubt having  problems, since I share the same principle of
 configurations and installations around the machine - same needs on the
 boxes.

 Applying Mark's patch solves the problem for me on the boxes in question.=

 Oliver

 --------------enig8FB7CDC80745FF72FE3CA7D7